This week’s ShiftShapers Podcast episode features a conversation with Carl Schuessler, Jr., Managing Principal at Mitigate Partners.
Are you an Agent, Advisor, and Broker, and What does it mean?
Acting as a fiduciary means acting as stewards that improve financial outcomes. There is an emphasis on trust that has become even more apparent with the creation of the Affordable Care Act. Fiduciaries also deliver active management as opposed to passive management, a beneficial role that provides massive savings.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- 02:08 Agent, advisor, and broker: A fiduciary role involves trust and stewardship role
- 06:07 There are opportunities to act as fiduciaries in non-ERISA plans
- 08:58 The Affordable Care Act made fiduciary roles even more relevant
- 13:54 The differences between active and passive risk management
- 17:54 Getting employers to partner with a fiduciary
Listen to the full interview here → Ep # 364: An Agent by Any Other Name….-With Carl Schuessler, Jr.